Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Day Before Departure

Last day in Ottawa - It is snowing. (Currently 22 degrees and sunny in Cape Town)

We leave tomorrow for Cape Town and I think everything is falling into place. Lois has made most of the logistical arrangements (I do enough of them for work) and they seem pretty solid. We have most of our accomodation booked, we've rented the 4x4 we will be driving in Namibia, and we are set for Cape Town as well. All that is left to do is get on the plane...and wrap up whatever we can at work. Contrary to my usual habits, I am actually fully packed earlier than the night before the trip so tonight can be spent relaxing and doing my taxes rather then scrambling to find a more t-shirts...

Here's an overview of the trip so you know what to watch for on this blog.

Day 1 - Cape Town: Beaches and exploring. It is supposed to be 27 and sunny there...better than the snow currently coming down outside
Day 2 - Shark Cage Diving - Watch for videos and pictures (I have an underwater camera)
Day 3, 4 - More stuff around cape town. Hike Table mountain, Robben Island, Abseiling
Day 5, 6 - Fly to Windhoek Namibia and drive to Waterberg National Park. This will be our first night of Camping
Day 7,8,9 - Safari ini Etosha National park, Namibias largest
Day 10, 11 - Drive south to the desert, stopping in Damaralan and Swakopmund
Day 12, 13, - I'm pretty sure I have lost track of the days here, btu we'll be hitting the Namib desert to explore the worlds largest sand dunes. Then head back to Cape Town
We finish the trip in Cape Town and Fly home on April 25. This should be an awesome trip...Here are some worlds of wisdom from Jeff and Lois' coworkers

- "Remember, when being chased by a Lion you don't have to out run the lion, just the slowest person in the group"

- " You know what they call tents over there right? Saran wrap."

Note to Mrs. Bromley: these are just Jokes, please do not worry about your daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Andrew
    Mum and I will be checking daily. Make sure you post after day 2 so we know you wern't shark bait.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on this trips guys!!! And Andrew please return Jess to us...I think Jess will out run you now that she has started jogging !!:)
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have told Lois many a times I wish I was going with you guys Andrew. I can't believe you let Lois make all the logistics. In New Zealand hers were pretty solid, but ask her about the campervans she tried to arrange for us! Sorry I could not come, I am glad you found a fourth person. Have a great time and give Lois a hug for me! :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete